Friday 4 April 2014

The countdown to 40 begins


Canada


So yes, I turn the BIG 4-0 this year. Instead of loading my martini glass up with my tears I have decided to take a walk down memory lane and embrace this new era of my life.


But for the record...it does suck getting old! If I knew back in my 20's what I know now about money, men, skincare and health I likely would have made some VERY different choices. lol. However I have learned from all my experiences, met some great people, both laughed and cried a lot and created some wonderful memories along the way.

So the countdown to the Big 4-0 begins.


Rodan+Fields
My older sister hanging from our swingset. (Safety first in the 1970's). My older brother and I sitting on the teeter totter. I'm in the back with the blond hair.

Over the next month I am going to take a trip down memory lane of what it was like being a toddler in the 70's, a pre-teen in the 80's, a teenager in the 90's, and essentially an adult (which is still debatable) in the 2000's.

I'll share all things that popular at the time such as fashion, makeup brands, music, movies and toys.

Hopefully reading my posts will bring back happy memories of your childhood as well...so let's begin.

I was born on May 27 1974. Nope can't share that memory clearly because I don't remember it. lol.

Famous celebrities born in the same year I was:

  • Leonardo Dicaprio
  • Amy Adams
  • Christian Bale
  • Joaquin Pheonix
  • Jimmy Fallon
  • Hilary Swank


skincare



Popular make-up in 1974

Blue eyeshadow was very popular in 1974

skincare

Love's Baby Soft was also a popular cosmetic. I'm not so sure this advertisement would fly now-a-days though...It's kind of disturbing.

skincare


Popular Fashion in 1974

In the 1970's it wasn't uncommon for women to make their own clothes from patterns. I can remember my mom made a lot of our clothes back in the 1970's. She always had sewing patterns lying around. I can't tell you the last time I saw one of these, whenever I see them it reminds me of my childhood.


skincare

Hopefully you enjoyed my first post on my final few weeks before my 40th. Stay tuned for more posts this month on my journey to the BIG 4-0.

xo Sue


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Sue! I am a '74 baby as well and will be joining you in your race to 4-0!! XOX

    ReplyDelete