Tuesday 1 April 2014

Six Skincare Steps You Don't Want To Miss

Skincare should be a regular part of your healthy lifestyle...

beauty

OK so I admit it, I'm guilty of occasionally skimping on sunscreen and possibly waiting until the last possible moment before tossing out an old lipstick.

I know as a beauty blogger avoiding these steps regularly can lead to major beauty blunders and can even have a negative impact on my health.

I've compiled some beauty tips that have surprising consequences if you regularly skip and tips on how to start doing them now.

Rodan + Fields
Exfoliate Regularly

Regular exfoliation helps improve your skin's texture and overall radiance. Using a good exfoliant like Rodan + Fields REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash, is without a doubt, one of the biggest steps in achieving healthy, beautiful skin.

Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and allows moisturizers to be more effective by penetrating deeper into the skin. If you have oily skin, it helps unclog pores and prevents and removes white and blackheads keeping blemishes at bay.



skincare
Toner

Incorporating a good toner into your daily routine after exfoliating, helps rid your skin of dirt, oil, and impurities that cleansers leave behind. Toners help remove cleanser residue and chlorine found in tap water. 

I like to leave my toner damp on my skin, to allow my daily moisturizer to seal in the water and the active anti-aging ingredients. My skin is left feeling healthier and more hydrated skin. I like to pair my toner with my exfoliator by using Rodan + Fields REVERSE Intensive Brightening Toner.


skincare
Daily moisturizer with SPF

A common mistake we make, is forgetting to apply sunscreen to all areas that could be exposed to the sun, particularly your hands.

Our hands are among the hardest working and most environmentally vulnerable parts of our bodies. That’s why the backs of people’s hands often look so much older than our faces. 

I recommend REDEFINE Hand Treatment Regimen. It has done wonders for my hands!



makeup
Toss Your Old Makeup

Did you know that dried out mascara bristles tug and pull out eyelashes and can cause eye infections? 

I said earlier that I can on occasion I have difficulty parting with an old lipstick. I shouldn't do this because bacteria can grow on lipstick and lip gloss and can cause mouth sores. for timelines on when to toss the old check out my post:
Spring has sprung time to clean your makeup bag.


beauty
Flossing Daily

OK...I am guilty of not flossing everyday, but I should. Flossing at least once a day, every day, is not only vital to a bright smile and healthy gums, but it's also important for your overall health.

Bacteria that attach to teeth and gums have been shown to be in the bloodstream of patients with strokes, high blood pressure, and diabetes In fact, patients with gum disease are three times more likely to die from strokes and two times more likely to die from heart disease.


beauty
Replace Your Loofah

Loofahs are excellent tools for scrubbing away dead skin cells, enhancing your blood circulation, and creating an overall spa-like ambiance. However, if they're not replaced frequently and properly stored post-shower, they can become hotbeds for mold and bacteria that can lead to skin irritations or even infections. 


You should replace your loofah once a month to avoid bacteria buildup.  Also, avoid hanging your loofah to dry in the shower or bath. Instead wring it out, and store in a cool dry place.

...and remember, a healthy lifestyle includes skincare xo

No comments:

Post a Comment